Foldy WWII Hat Part II

I Found My Iron

Alright, so I traced out a top for the hat, just a long pointy ovoid.  If you go with the Naval regulation size from the link on the previous page, the top should only be 1.5 inches across.  Mine was wider than that, but since I was sticking to the WWII style of sewing the inside of the top together so it doesn't really open up at all, it doesn't make much difference.

After scooching the brim of the hat up and down until it looked about right, I sewed a muslin hatband in.  It was just a strip of muslin long enough to go around the inside of the hat, and with a finished width of about 1 inch.

Then I ironed the hat flat with an old timey non-steam iron, and then sewed the top of the hat shut about 1/4 inch in from the top.  The pins are 1.25 inches up from the bottom edge of the hat, and they are an Antarctica medal and Women's Rights National Historical Park.  It was the most accurate pins I could find.



Anyway, do this, and you will look exactly as cool as Daniel Inouye from Part 1.

http://allofthecostumes.blogspot.com/2018/07/foldy-wwii-hat.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 2 Making a Latex Prosthetic

Mary Dress

40's Style Trousers Part 2