Low-Effort Winter Soldier Arm

When You Don't Care Enough To Make The Very Best

I mean sure, you could make a big cling wrap and duct tape arm, but this is so much easier!  It is going to have some wrinkles in it, but it's lighter weight, allows your arm to move more, and breathes better.

This is what you get if you order a fat quarter of the Sport Lycra "Upper Arm Metal", and the Sport Lycra "Lower Arm Metal".



So with this amount, you can fit a variety of arm sizes.  I made a division at the elbow joint, with the upper arm being the usual sleeve shape for a shirt.  The lower arm I made longer in the elbow, since I don't exactly walk around with my arms hanging straight down; they always have a little bend to them.

I can't give you an exact pattern for your arm, it's just a matter of taking it in enough that the arm doesn't have too many wrinkles from being too baggy, but also doesn't have wrinkles from being too tight.

I also made a thumb loop so that the sleeve fits down under the glove.

So a few wrinkles, but good enough for Hydra work.

And the entire arm:

 
You can also see that instead of a t-shirt, I used a t-shirt that came from the store with the collar cut away and the sleeves mostly cut away except for little cap sleeves. If I was doing this again, I would use an entire t-shirt, and just cut off the left sleeve. The cap sleeve just gets in the way and will have to be cut off anyway, and the shirt shifts further from the pull of the sleeve, and if the shirt had a collar, I think it would keep the sleeve stretched out better. Ah well, live and learn.

http://allofthecostumes.blogspot.com/2018/07/off-shelf-winter-soldier-costume.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 2 Making a Latex Prosthetic

Mary Dress

40's Style Trousers Part 2