40's Style Trousers Part 2

What's an "Iron"?

Alright, so the trousers are sewn, and believe it or not, I did iron them.  So since they're still ridiculously wrinkly, I'm going to have to go take them to the dry cleaners and have them use the industrial strength iron.  That binder clip is just there to keep the top of the front pleats aligned.

I found the zipper I needed, which was a 12" rather than a 14", and that's attached in the usual zipper fashion.  It's black rather than gray, but oh well.

Also pre-ironing, I basted the waistband of the trousers and the furthermost edge of the cuffs.  The cuffs were basted before I hemmed them.  I kept the basting in while I was ironing.

Basting is just whatever embroidery floss I have lying around the house.  It does use a lot of thread to do it, but you don't have to worry about stabbing yourself with pins, or having a safety pin come undone.  You also don't have to worry about the fabric getting rusty.  The basting moves with the cloth, which pins don't do.

I still haven't sewn on the suspender/braces buttons I'm planning on, but that's a pretty straightforward task. 

Part 1: http://allofthecostumes.blogspot.com/2018/07/40s-style-trousers.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 2 Making a Latex Prosthetic

Mary Dress